Panasonic Corporation Profile
Panasonic Corporation is the second largest electronic product manufacturer in the world comprised of over 578 companies. It manufactures and markets a wide range of products under the Panasonic brand to enhance and enrich lifestyles all around the globe. Listed in the top 100 brands of the Fortune 500 list, the 7th most admired company in Asia Pacific, Japan’s 6th best global brand, a Global SuperBrand and the 6th best ‘Global Green Brand’ it is committed towards making a proactive contribution to the community and environment with innovative products.
Panasonic Corporation comprises of various business domain companies, from AV to home appliances, to industrial solutions and other consumer electronic products. Each company has its distinct R&D, production, and sales functions that satisfy specific consumer needs worldwide.
Operating in five different verticals and divided into four major segments such as
Comprises of two major types of companies
- AVC Networks Company: This involves consolidation of companies that deal with development and manufacture of consumer AVC equipments, as well as the development, manufacture, servicing, and solutions sales of business-use AVC equipment and devices/components for AVC equipments.
- Appliances Company: This involves consolidation of companies that deal with development and manufacture of home appliances, personal-care products, health enhancing products, etc., as well as the development, manufacture and sales of commercial-use heating/refrigeration/air conditioning equipment, etc.
Global Consumer Marketing Sector: Deals with Marketing, sales, and servicing of consumer products
Comprises of three major types of companies
- Automotive Systems Company: This involves group of companies that deal with development, manufacturing, and sales of car-use-multimedia-related equipment, eco-car-related equipment, electrical components, etc.
- Industrial Devices Company: This involves group of companies that deal with development, manufacturing and sales of electronic components, electronic materials, semiconductors, etc. Ex. Panasonic Electronic Devices Co. Ltd.
- Energy Company: This involves group of companies that deal with development, manufacture and sales primary batteries, secondary batteries, chargers, battery application products and solar-related products.
Comprises of four types of companies
- Systems & Communications Company: This involves a group of companies that deal with development, manufacturing, sales and service engineering of electric, communication and electronic machinery & equipment related to systems, networks and mobile communications. Ex. Panasonic System Networks Co. Ltd. and Panasonic Mobile Communications Co. Ltd.
- Eco Solutions Company: This involves group of companies that deal with development, manufacturing and sales of lighting, wiring, power distribution, housing equipment, ventilation fan systems, as well as the promotion of comprehensive solutions. Ex. Panasonic Ecology Systems Co. Ltd and Anchor Electricals Pvt. Ltd.
- Healthcare Company: This involves group of companies that deal with development, manufacturing, sales and service engineering of medical equipment and nursing-care equipment, as well as providing nursing service. Ex. Panasonic Healthcare Co. Ltd.
- Manufacturing Solutions Company: This involves group of companies that deal with development, manufacturing, sales and provide manufacturing processed solutions for manufacturing equipment, such as electronic-components- mounting machines and welding equipment. Ex. Panasonic Welding Systems Co. Ltd. and Panasonic Factory Solutions Co. Ltd.
Involves companies such as Sanyo etc.